Who is The Imperfect Sojourner? An Introduction.

Hi There!

Lisa here. The Imperfect Sojourner.
I figured it was probably time I properly introduced myself!


I'm a wife and mother in my thirties from the beautiful green island of Ireland.
I'm 12 years married to Mr. Sojourner and together we have two Little Sojourners.



I enjoy time with my little family; we are total homebodies so for us our favourite things to do together are local walks, exploring, out for chats coffees and pastries, singing our favourite songs, getting on the floor around a puzzle, reading books or colouring pictures together, cooking our favourite food and watching a movie and we also love time catching up with our wider family and friends.

Personally, I don't get a lot of 'me' time in this season of life so my dream hobbies are mostly on hold! However, I enjoy walking, reading, writing, being creative, taking photographs, coffees with friends,
though most of the time I have little company with me in those, haha!





I would love to let my creative side out more and develop it. If I could choose two things that would fill me with huge joy and satisfaction outside of my family and my faith I would say being a writer and a photographer... I hope to pour in to my own development in these areas in the coming years so that perhaps one day that can be a reality for me :)






One of the reasons the name The Imperfect Sojourner fits with me and this blog is that I take photo's of my journeying feet...everywhere!! I have so many pictures of my feet in all seasons, and various places... feet photos with my little family, with my little girls, my nephews... they mean something to me but I'm not even entirely sure why they do... I suppose it's just another way of capturing a memory for me. Memories are my thing! I'm a documenter. Yes... I also invent new words :)







I love the Word of God. I read read read! I enjoy studying The Word together every week with friends with whom I am very open about my struggles, prayerful with and accountable to keep moving forward and growing and developing.
The last few years have been REAL life; real messes, real trials, real struggles and failures and these relationships have been grace to me and kept me going!


I started The Imperfect Sojourner over Christmas break for two reasons;
(catch up with the intro post HERE)

1. I intend in this new year to write some honest posts and hopefully encourage some others who also struggle on this journey called life to walk with me!

2. The plan with some friends was to start 2019 reading The Bible from Genesis to Revelation in 6 months and it was handy to have one place - our FACEBOOK page - to share the daily scriptures.

Are you reading along also? I know we have a few more reading with us than the original number and that excites me. How are you finding it so far? Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus are complete and we are making our way through Numbers now!

I'd love to hear how the reading plan is going for you...
I'd love to get to know those of you I don't know personally...
I'd love you to comment or pm me!



Well, that's me for now. Your fellow sojourner!
Lisa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Apart